Please note: The information on this webpage still reflects the policies and regulations that were in effect prior to Zoning Bylaw 20001 coming into effect on January 1, 2024. 

If you have specific questions regarding how the current zoning regulations apply to your project, please refer to Zoning Bylaw 20001, speak with your Development Planner, or email us at

Thank you for your patience as we update our content.

You will need to obtain zoning approval if you are:

  • starting a new business
  • moving your business to a new location, or
  • changing business activities in an existing location 

Examples of changes to business activities include:

  • A cafe that will now serve alcohol
  • A 50-seat restaurant now seats 200 patrons
  • An auto body shop that will now perform engine repairs

Zoning approval is required in order to obtain a valid business licence.