The Anti-racism Advisory Committee’s mandate is to provide advice to Council regarding community perspectives on issues relating to racism, including, but not limited to: diversity; discrimination; hate and extremism; racial equity; xenophobia; islamophobia; antisemitism; and the lived experience of persons of colour.
The Anti-racism Advisory Committee performs these functions:
- Identifies and engages stakeholder groups and seeks their input into the Committee’s work
- Recommends to Council anti-racism funding program allocations which support community-based initiatives that:
- Address hate groups or hate incidents
- Build community capacity and cultural understanding
- Promote awareness, training, and education, or
- Involve research, monitoring and evaluation on diversity, anti-racism, and/or discrimination
- Conducts research and prepares reports on community-based issues and concerns
- Works with the City Manager to develop and maintain a dialogue about matters of concern to stakeholders in relation to anti-racism
The Anti-racism Advisory Committee is currently actively recruiting for up to 13 members. The posting closes on December 13, 2019.
Information about serving on the Committee: