Edmonton Salutes Committee Bylaw
Edmonton Salutes promotes and recognizes our local military community contributions, both at home and abroad, toward world peace, security and stability. It further reinforces the message that military personnel and their families are valued members of the Edmonton Capital Region.
Edmonton Salutes was first established as a committee of Council on July 3, 2007 and was formerly established as an administrative committee in 1997.
City of Edmonton Representative
|Name of Appointee||First Appointed||Term Expiry Date|
|Councillor Jon Dziadyk||Oct 24/17||Dec 31/21|
The Committee is composed of up to 15 members:
- One Councillor, appointed by Edmonton City Council
- One representative appointed by each of the following organizations:
- Edmonton Chamber of Commerce
- Edmonton Economic Development Corporation
- Edmonton Northlands
- Edmonton Regional Airports Authority
- Edmonton United Services Institute
- Military Family Resource Centre
- Royal Canadian Legion
- Urban Development Institute
- Up to six community representatives appointed by the Committee
- Edmonton Salutes meets the fourth Friday of the month.