Construction Update - May 2023
Renewal work will start on 132 Avenue the first week of May 2023, weather permitting.
The planned scope for 2023 will include:
- Work on 132 Avenue from 97 Street to 107 Street (West)
- This work includes a total closure of the street in both directions
- for 132 Avenue from 97 Street to 107 Street that will go into construction in 2023
- This project consists of removal and replacement of existing road structure, addition of dedicated bike facility, boulevard sidewalk, new tree plantation, removal and replacement of existing street lights and signals, Low Impact Development on select locations, upgrade to businesses through corner store program and addition of new drainage infrastructure to accommodate continuous crossings as identified in the IFT drawings.
If you live in the construction area, you will receive an additional construction notice that provides more information on what to expect during construction prior to work beginning.
The following routes will be detoured during construction: 106, 150X, 613, 624 and 625. Full detour information is available on Detours and Bus Stop Closures.
The City is expecting an increase in traffic volume and, as a result, an increased risk of speeding along roads connected to 132 Avenue as a result of construction.
To proactively maintain street safety, the City will be installing adaptable curb extensions along these routes in an effort to slow vehicles, shorten crossing distances and increase pedestrian visibility by preventing parking next to crossings.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we start the first year of Renewal construction. Construction on 132 Avenue is expected to take 8 years.
Preparing for Construction
- Read the
- Watch a video outlining the construction timeline and what to expect during construction
- for 132 Avenue from 97 Street to 107 Avenue that will go into construction in 2023