This guide helps you make the right call at the right time. It informs you on what to do and who to call in case you witness a range of situations from vandalism, intoxication and substance abuse to property and business concerns. It also provides tangible steps to increase safety and minimize risk.
Community Safety currently encompasses the work of several initiatives that are implemented in partnership with key stakeholders:
- Problem Properties Initiative
- Community Outreach Transit Team
- Adult Entertainment Support Team
- Neighbourhood Empowerment Team
- Community After Incident Response (CAIR)
- Drug Poisoning Response and Prevention
- Healthy Streets Operation Centre
- Community Mental Health and Suicide Prevention
- Building Safer Communities Fund
Each program strives to enhance the well-being and safety of Edmontonians through their unique lens that will encourage citizens to feel safe, empowered and supported in a way that will help them connect with and enrich our communities.