2020 Program Changes
- The Southeast Recycling Site and the West Recycling Site will accept concrete/rubble from residents, City-related projects and private contractors.
- The Edmonton Waste Management Centre is not currently accepting aggregate materials or construction and demolition materials for recycling.
These changes shall be in effect for the 2020 season.
For more information regarding alternative recycling sites, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 780-496-5698.
Materials will be inspected to ensure they don’t exceed the maximum sizes and are free of contaminants.
- Asphalt millings
- Bricks and paving stones
- Concrete rubble
- Concrete (mesh free)
- Concrete (with embedded rebar)
- Soil cement
- Stucco (mesh free)
Material Size Limits
|Material||Minimum Size||Maximum Size|
|Concrete rubble||None||80cm x 80cm
(30" x 30")
|Mesh-free rebar||None||32" in length|
All loads will be inspected upon arrival. Certificate of recycling available for LEED projects.
Materials Not Accepted
Any materials that exceed the maximum size or are contaminated with oil, acid or chemicals will not be accepted. The following materials are also not accepted at Aggregate Recycling Sites.
- Asphalt rubble
- Asphalt shingles
- Black dirt
- Ceramic or porcelain tile
- Concrete (truck washouts)
- Concrete (with wire mesh or oversized)
- Natural rock (granite, limestone, quartz)
- Parking lot sweepings
- Stucco (with wire mesh)
- Wood (trees, brush, shrubs)
- Yard waste (sod, grass, leaves)
Use the WasteWise web app at edmonton.ca/waste to learn what waste materials go where.