Access to 91 Street from Jasper Avenue will be restricted as work progresses. Local residential traffic can access the alleyway from 90 Street until project completion. This closure will begin in mid-February.
Demolition of the original structure began in August 2022. Work on the bridge replacement and roadway improvements is underway. Since construction began, the project team has implemented temporary speed bumps along 105A Avenue and 106 Avenue, provided signage for businesses in the area, and installed new speed and hidden driveway signage in the alleyway. The project team has also worked with Edmonton Police Service and St. Teresa School, along with residents to address concerns about short-cutting and speed in the project area.
Latta Bridge Replacement requires a full road closure on Jasper Avenue from 90 Street to 91 Street. This will require that motorists, pedestrians, cyclists and transit users take other routes.
Please note that north of 90 Street is resident and business access only.
Pedestrians, cyclists and other users of active transportation can
along 90 Street to 105A Avenue to 92 Street.
Starting August 22, bus routes 2 and 101 will start a long-term detour.
During this work:
- Routes 2 and 101 will use bus stops at Stadium Transit Centre. Route 2 buses will also use bus stops on Stadium Road, 107 Avenue and 95 Street during this detour.
- ETS will run a new shuttle,
(Stadium Shuttle), that will run a loop between the east side of Stadium Station and Jasper Avenue/87 Street until this work is completed.
- This shuttle will run every 10 minutes between 6am and 9:36pm on weekdays.
- The shuttle will run every 10 minutes between 7am and 9:36pm on Saturdays.
- The shuttle will run every 10 minutes between 8am and 9:36pm on Sundays.
Visit Alerts and Service Impacts for the most up-to-date information.