ETS got our first six low floor articulated buses in 2001, and all were put into service on Route 9. With 20 feet more space than a regular 40-foot low floor bus, these units helped to reduce crowding on some trips on this popular route. These buses, which can accommodate up to 110 passengers, are also equipped with bike racks. These buses, which bend in the middle, can be found currently on route 110X, 510X and 900X.
The inside of the bus looks much the same as the regular low floor buses. There are two positions for wheelchairs/scooters at the front seating area. The front of the bus lowers and has a flip-out ramp for easier access.
Take an articulated low floor bus for a spin with a 360 panoramic tour. The tours provide a 360 degree image of a bus, which can be viewed from your computer. It gives viewers a sense of walking through the bus, like a sneak preview of what to expect before you even board the vehicle!
Articulated Bus Specifications (D60LF)
|Weight||20,620kg. (A standard 40' bus weighs 12,156 kg)|
|Seating||50 seats with 2 wheelchair positions|
|Turning Radius||12.9 m (42.5 feet)|
- One entrance door and two exit doors
- Both exit doors will open when the Operator selects rear door open position
- All exit doors are equipped with sensitive edge protection
- Cummins ISL9 (EPA 2010), 330 H - 1100 ft-ljb
- Boith D864.5 with integral retarder
- MAN axles, front center and rear, with 4. 63:1 final drive
- ABS Braking Control
- Automatic Traction Control
- Deep Mud and Snow Traction Control
- "Pusher" type design where the rear axle provides the tractive effort