The City Plan must reflect both Edmontonians’ desired future state and their experience of places and spaces within their community everyday. The City Plan has six guiding values that articulate how Edmontonians want to experience their future city. They are:
- I want to BELONG and contribute
- I want to LIVE in a place that feels like home
- I want opportunities to THRIVE
- I want more ACCESS within my city
- I want to PRESERVE what matters most
- I want to be able to CREATE and innovate
At the intersection of The City Plan’s six Guiding Values and Council’s four goals are 24 City Building Outcomes, revealing what Edmontonians ultimately want to experience in the city. The city-building outcomes provide the first step towards developing The City Plan policy.