Outdoor Spaces Re-opening as of May 22
Playgrounds, skateparks, tennis, pickleball, volleyball and basketball courts, disc golf, outdoor fitness parks and athletic tracks have re-opened for safe use.
Please keep your physical distance; at least 2 metres from others, whether it's on trails, in parks, on stairs, or buying groceries. It’s important to follow physical distancing practices as outlined by Alberta Health Services.
Park Rangers and security personnel will be patrolling parks, staircases, and trails to support closures and physical distancing requirements.
Have enjoyable, safe, and stress-free visits to the park and river valley system.
- All parks in the City of Edmonton are open daily from 5am to 11pm.
- While most picnic sites are first come first serve, each park has bookable sites that can be reserved by calling 311.
- The public is responsible for bringing their own firewood. Please use fire pit provided.
- Dogs are not permitted in picnic areas, playgrounds or sports fields. Dogs may be walked on trails only if they are on leash. Dogs may be off leash on parkland and trails only if you are in a designated off-leash area.
- Consumption of liquor is prohibited in public areas - this includes all city parks.
- For public safety there are emergency phones located in most major parks, these phones connect you directly to 911.