Kinistinâw Park is currently an under-utilized open space located in the community of Boyle Street. As the centrepiece of The Quarters Downtown, Kinistinâw Park is envisioned as an inviting and safe urban park.
The design of Kinistinâw Park will reflect the past, present, and future stories of the community, encouraging everyday enjoyment and special opportunities for celebration and gathering. Integrated with the surrounding streets and properties, the park will be a dynamic and well-loved neighbourhood destination that is a source of local pride.
Kinistinâw Park will be built in 2 phases.
The first phase is the block on the east side of the Armature (96 Street), between 102A Avenue to the north side of 103 Avenue. It will include:
- Promenade with a shared space for pedestrians and cyclists
- Lawn space with trees for shade
- Play area with rubber hills and trees
- Boardwalk covered by stunning red canopy adorned with indigenous ornamental artwork
- Feature conceptual Chinese Guardian Lion sculptures to greet visitors at the park entrance
Phase 2 will take place on 96 Street and 102 Avenue. It will include:
Extension of the red canopy
Kebony deck with integrated seating
Interactive water feature (wet play)
Natural (dry) play area with drumlin slide
Planted edge with bench seating
Integrated hard-surface artwork set in granite