Senior Annual Pass
Residents of Edmonton, 65 years of age and older qualify for a Senior Annual Pass. Annual passes are non-transferable. The Senior Annual Pass can only be purchased at the Edmonton Service Centre or through the renewal mail-in program.
Passes can be used for unlimited travel on all Edmonton Transit buses, the LRT and DATS (for registered DATS users). These passes are NOT accepted on Route 747 with service to Edmonton International Airport, or regional transit vehicles.
Senior Annual Passes are valid from April 1 of the current year (note exception: February products are valid from January 15, 2020) until March 31 of the next year. Passes go on sale each year at the beginning of February and are sold until December. They are not prorated regardless of when they are purchased.
Low Income Annual Pass
Seniors applying for a low income annual pass must provide proof of age, Edmonton residency and income by providing a copy of one of the following. Proof of receipt of this benefit is required for first-time applicants only. The low income annual pass is not transferable.
- 2018 or 2019 T4A (OAS) (if box 21, net supplement paid, shows any amount above zero)
- Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) letter of eligibility from the Government of Canada
- 2018 or 2019 Notice of Assessment (line 150, taxable individual income must be below $28,513)
- Permanent Resident or a refugee (to qualify, you must have been in Canada less than one year and have not filed a tax return)
- Proof of government Employment Insurance (EI) being received in past three months
- A copy of your Health Benefits Card within the last three months showing receipt of Income Support benefits