About the Project
Following public meetings in 2011, the approved concept plans included the following changes at 66 Street:
- Closure of access to Yellowhead Trail at 67 Street north and south of Yellowhead Trail
- Closure of access to Yellowhead Trail at 68 Street north and south of Yellowhead Trail
- Closure of direct access to Yellowhead Trail from all alleys and driveways between 66 Street and 68 Street
- Closure of existing access to 62 Street from Yellowhead Trail
- Internal roadway changes will create alternate connections from 61 Street to Fort Road
Planning will continue for the complete closure of the 66 Street intersection, which includes the removal of traffic signals. Alternate access will be provided to surrounding properties.
Where We Are Now
A concept plan for surrounding modifications has been created and concept planning on the 66 Street intersection will begin in 2019.