About the Project
Following public meetings in 2011, the approved concept plans included the following changes at 66 Street:
- Closure of access to Yellowhead Trail at 67 Street north and south of Yellowhead Trail
- Closure of access to Yellowhead Trail at 68 Street north and south of Yellowhead Trail
- Closure of direct access to Yellowhead Trail from all alleys and driveways between 66 Street and 68 Street
- Closure of existing access to 62 Street from Yellowhead Trail
- Internal roadway changes will create alternate connections from 61 Street to Fort Road
Planning will begin for the complete closure of the 66 Street intersection, which includes the removal of traffic signals. Alternate access to surrounding properties will be reviewed as part of the planning study.
Where We Are Now
A concept plan for surrounding modifications has been created and concept planning on the 66 Street intersection will begin in 2018. An important part of concept planning is public engagement, to ensure an understanding of area needs and possible impacts of roadway changes. Stakeholder feedback will help inform the concept plan and ongoing design considerations.
Yellowhead Trail Is Changing
Stay informed with program updates and opportunities to have your say in shaping the new Yellowhead Trail.