About the Project Area
Following public meetings in 2011, the approved concept plans included the following changes at 66 Street:
- Closure of access to Yellowhead Trail at 67 Street north and south of Yellowhead Trail
- Closure of access to Yellowhead Trail at 68 Street north and south of Yellowhead Trail
- Closure of direct access to Yellowhead Trail from all alleys and driveways between 66 Street and 68 Street
- Closure of access to Yellowhead Trail at 62 Street
- Internal roadway changes will create alternate connections from 61 Street to Fort Road
Concept planning will begin for the complete closure of the 66 Street intersection, which includes the removal of traffic signals. Alternate access to surrounding properties will be reviewed as part of the planning study.
Where We Are Now
A concept plan for surrounding modifications has been created and concept planning for the 66 Street intersection will begin in late 2018. An important part of concept planning is public engagement, to ensure an understanding of area needs and possible impacts of roadway changes. Stakeholder feedback will help inform the concept plan and ongoing design considerations.
Public Engagement for all of the Yellowhead Trail Freeway Conversion projects has been compiled and can be found at Public Engagement. This includes engagement activities for each of the projects that make up the conversion of Yellowhead Trail from 156 Street to 50 Street.
Yellowhead Trail Is Changing
Stay informed with program updates and opportunities to have your say in shaping the new Yellowhead Trail.