The Legacy Program is a distinctive way to pay tribute to individuals or groups by:
- Sponsoring a carousel horse at Fort Edmonton Park's midway.
- Adopting an animal at the Valley Zoo.
- Plant a commemorative tree in a City park.
- Donating a bench at one of Edmonton's golf courses.
Reasons to participate in the Legacy Program:
- Honour the memory of a family member or friend.
- Create a living legacy.
- Celebrate a memorable event, such as a birthday, engagement or anniversary.
- Recognize an accomplishment.
Participating commemorative facilities:
- Commonwealth Stadium
- Fort Edmonton Park
- Golf courses
- John Janzen Nature Centre
- John Walter Museum
- Muttart Conservatory
- Recreation centres
- Seniors' centres
- Valley Zoo
How to get started:
Set up a consultation to discuss commemorative options by phoning 780-496-1897.
After an on-site meeting to determine the location of your commemorative item, a formal agreement will be prepared. Once the agreement is signed and payment has been received, the commemorative item will be ordered and installed.