October 1 - November 30, 2018 — Proposed Changes to Waste Programs and Services
We gathered input from residents, multi-unit stakeholders and non-residential stakeholders about proposed changes to waste programs and services. Thank you to those who have shared their input and perspectives with us.
Phase 1 Future of Waste Information Panels
- Options for curbside garbage set-outs (such as bag or cart)
- Waste reduction and diversion
- Food waste and reuse
- Single-use plastics restrictions
- Zero Waste goal
What We Heard Summary Report
Results will be used to help shape a new waste strategy and changes to waste services for Edmonton.
April 2018 — Grass and Yard Waste
We gathered input from residents, property managers and lawn and yard care companies about possible changes to residential grass and yard waste collection services. Thank you to those who have shared their feedback and perspectives with us.
Final Report: What We Heard
Results will be used to develop proposed future grass and yard waste collection service changes.
January 2018 — Market Research
Waste Services conducted a phone survey and four focus groups to ask participants about their current waste habits, and their willingness to support future changes to residential waste programs and services, such as:
- Separating food scraps from other types of garbage
- Volume limits for garbage
- Ceasing collection of grass clippings in the garbage
- Moving to seasonal yard waste collection
- Use of clear bags for garbage
Final Report: Phone survey - Topline report