Maintaining a safe and welcoming transit environment involves active cooperation between alert passengers and trained ETS personnel. One way ETS does its part, is by ensuring employees have specialized training, knowledge and experience. Our passengers help by identifying and reporting unusual, suspicious or emergency situations.
Did you know?
- Stop Request is a daily program that allows passengers to stop at a location other than a bus stop along the route after 6 pm, provided it’s safe to do so.
- Transit operators are trained to assist when they witness an incident, and have the tools to report it to the proper agency.
- Transit Peace Officers frequently patrol transit property.
- ETS has ongoing awareness campaigns to educate transit users about how to seek assistance.
- CCTV cameras are installed in all LRT stations, major transit centres and some city pedways.
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) principles are applied in all new transit rehabilitation and improvement projects.