The Risk Management Section is comprised of a Director, a Coordinator, fifteen risk management adjusters/analysts and support staff.
The Risk Management Section assists departments in maintaining the continuity of services to the community while making the City a safer place to live and work. This is done by providing a comprehensive loss control program, managing claims effectively and providing adequate funds to protect against the impact of unforeseen insurable losses.
The Risk Management Section provides the following services to the City:
- Risk management expertise
- Assistance with risk identification, assessment and loss control
- Claims Management for loss of City assets and injury and loss by the public
- Purchasing and maintaining commercial insurance when it is cost effective to do so, and in amounts beneficial to the City
- Funding for insurable losses not covered by commercial insurance
- Education and Training: current trends and information related to the insurance industry, municipal risk and, in particular, risk to the City of Edmonton
- Facilitating a Risk Management Committee chaired by the Director of Risk Management for the purpose of sharing information and resolving inter-departmental concerns.
If you would like to make a claim against the City of Edmonton, complete the Statement of Damage or Injury Claim Form.
If you do not have access to a computer you may also provide details of your claim on our 24-hour automated voice-recognition system by calling 780-496-5130 and a form will be mailed for completion.
For contact information, please visit our