If you are new to event planning, visit the Civic Events Office section for details regarding how the City can support your event.
- Legal requirements (insurance, bylaws, permits and licences)
- Activities (fireworks, raffles)
- Food, drink, and merchandise (alcohol, food vendors)
- Tents and temporary structures
- Parkland and public space
- Roadways and road closures (street closures, parades, marches)
- Transportation and parking
- Civic Events Office FAQ
To plan a private event at a City facility please see our list of venues available for rentals & bookings.
- Visit our event application process section
- After you submit your application, the Civic Events Office will contact you and you will be assigned an event liaison to guide you through the process.