Secondary or Garden Suites
Hosts who are planning to develop a Secondary Suite or Garden Suite must also obtain a Development Permit and Building Permit before any construction can take place. A Building Permit is also required for any residential construction inside the home to accommodate a short-term rental, such as adding a new bedroom or finishing a basement.
Business Licence Requirements
- Application form:
- Payment of the applicable $94 licence fee.
- A Development Permit for a Major Home-Based business is required if the operator/host resides at the rental premises which includes a Bed and Breakfast operation.
- A Building Permit may be required if there are changes to the physical floor plan of the property.
- Provide guests with a copy of the Short-Term Residential Rental Accommodation: Information for Guests guide
- The City will notify Alberta Health Services when your licence is issued. Alberta Health Services may follow up with you to ensure compliance with health regulations.