About the Project
The Ewing Trail SW (91 Street SW) project is open to traffic and will reach the completion stage when work on a shared use pathway and landscaping is finished in summer 2016. Construction began in spring 2014.
The Ewing Trail SW (91 Street SW) project included two sections of roadwork:
- Construction of a new three-lane arterial road, Ewing Trail SW (91 Street SW) from 30 Avenue SW to 41 Avenue SW, which connects to Leduc County’s Range Road 244 (Spine Road) to the south and to the QEII/41 Avenue SW interchange to the west.
- Reconstruction of 41 Avenue SW, a four-lane divided arterial road from Ewing Trail SW to the QEII/41 Avenue SW Interchange.
The new and reconstructed arterial roads plus associated utilities will accommodate future growth in the area.
- Fully signalized intersections at Ewing Trail SW (91 St SW)/41 Avenue SW and 91 Street SW/Eby Road SW (approx. 300m north of 41 Avenue SW).
- A shared-use path on the east side of Ewing Trail SW (91 St SW) and on the north side of 41 Avenue SW (west of the intersection).
- Concrete walks connecting the intersections and shared-use paths to four new concrete bus pads.