Centennial Plaza Elevator Closure
The parkade elevators are out of service during construction at Centennial Plaza. During this time, please use the library elevator on level P2 and P3 during daytime hours or the Pedway on level P2 to access elevators at the Winspear, City Hall, Churchill LRT, City Centre Mall or the Citadel Theatre.
Investing in the Civic Precinct and City Hall Fountain will provide a vibrant, safe and barrier-free space for everyone to enjoy.
The Civic Precinct and City Hall Fountain are important spaces to Edmontonians and visitors. Rehabilitation of this space is necessary to maintain operations of the surface and fountain for people to enjoy, and to complete required work to meet legislative requirements. The layout and function of the space will remain the same with improvements to safety and accessibility.
- Provide a safe public area
- Create barrier-free spaces for use by all citizens
- Maintain a cohesive feel of the space
- Increase pedestrian accessibility
- Install durable, timeless materials to support lifecycle maintenance
- Maintain the urban tree canopy
- Keep similar opportunities for activities - skating, wading, programs, festivals and events
- Provide vibrancy during all 4 seasons