The Revitalization Team leads an inclusive approach involving residents, businesses, community organizations and City departments to develop Council-approved Neighbourhood Revitalization strategies.
We facilitate the transformation of mature neighbourhoods, honouring the existing assets and leading to stronger and sustainable communities.
We develop viable local solutions by leveraging resources to build vibrant communities where people are proud to live and work.
We do this through:
- Bridging local needs to broader needs
- Creating a collaborative environment in our work
- Sustaining our initiatives and goals in neighbourhoods and business sectors
- Elevating and transforming from good to great communities
- Building on community capacity and local wisdom
- Being purposeful, inspirational and forward-thinking
Engage Community | Create a Strategy | Build Support | Strengthen Leadership | Demonstrate Results
- Encourage neighbourhood stakeholders and City departments to look holistically and work collaboratively in order to foster positive change in neighbourhoods.
- Create viable solutions that balance both city wide and local community needs.
- Engage neighbourhood stakeholders and build community leadership to address the economic, social, environmental and cultural issues that impact neighbourhoods.
- Collaborate with the community to seek change and drive continuous improvements.
Community Economic Development
- Strengthen the connection between residents and the local economy.
- Support a vibrant main street that promotes cultural elements and increases the profile of the neighbourhood.
- Increase community capacity to achieve and maintain safe, secure neighbourhoods.
- Encourage increased collaboration between neighbourhood stakeholders, and EPS and Bylaw/regulatory services to reduce neighbourhood crime.
- Engage residents/business owners in building leadership skills/capacity to live in a more sustainable community,
- Promote community connections that better enable all residents to address current and future issues.
- Encourage high quality urban design and accessible public spaces.
- Encourage greater environmental awareness in the planning of urban renewal and green main streets.
- Promote and instill a sense of pride for all residents and businesses.
Citizens strengthen existing connections and establish new ones within their diverse communities.
Citizens demonstrate increased community leadership capacity and self sufficiency.
Safety & Cleanliness
Citizens help to improve the safety and cleanliness of their community.
Citizens are able to leverage existing resources to build and maintain beautiful and environmentally healthy neighbourhoods.
Pedestrian Friendly Environments
Physical environment improvements enhance walkability and accessibility to local amenities and open spaces.
Vibrant Local Economy
Citizens create and maintain a vibrant, diverse local economy.