Please keep the following information in mind whenever you’re taking part in a Capital City Clean Up activity. Volunteer safety is our first concern.
Preparing For Your Cleanup
- Wear gloves at all times.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Wear sturdy footwear (no open toed shoes).
- Wear a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent.
- Be familiar with your clean up area.
During Your Clean Up
- Do not pick up needles/syringes, glass, sharp, heavy or oversized objects or hazardous waste. Call 311 to report the location so that the item may be collected by City staff.
- Do not approach homeless encampments, call 311 to report the location for clean up.
- Do not compress garbage or reach into containers with hands or feet.
- Do not wade into the water to retrieve items.
- Do not walk on roadways or steep hills and embankments.
- Do only pick up litter during daylight hours.
- Do try to work with a partner or group and carry a cell phone.
- Report Graffiti by calling 311.
- Remember to stay hydrated and wash your hands after your clean up.
- Do not trespass on private property.
- Have fun!