What to Expect from our Team
As part of this program, staff will look inside carts, check blue bags, and take photographs of some waste set outs. Through this program, we hope to:
- Encourage residents to sort and set out waste correctly
- Collect information about items that are commonly sorted incorrectly
- Learn about challenges residents have when using the curbside collection program
- Learn more about households that are working to reduce their waste
- Improve our waste education programs to more accurately address resident needs
If Curbside Waste Education staff see room for improvement, they may leave behind an “Oops” tag or door hanger. These materials give you more information on how to improve your sorting or set out in the future. They may also chat with you about your waste. When waste is sorted and set out correctly, less time and energy is needed to remove incorrectly sorted items from our waste. We also reduce the waste sent to landfill and decrease pollution.
If you see Curbside Waste Education staff in your neighbourhood, please say hello and ask them your waste questions, they’re here to help!