In the course of daily operations, the City of Edmonton produces important legal and historical documents. These records are managed and preserved through the Corporate Records and Information Management program, overseen by the Office of the City Clerk.
Records are retained:
- To support business operations
- As proof of business transactions
- To comply with legislation
- To protect the rights of citizens and the City
- As proof of accountability or compliance with other business requirements
- For future business, financial, legal, research or archival reference