On-Street Construction and Maintenance (OSCAM) permits are required for all work on City road-right-of-ways under any one of the following conditions:
- All work that involves excavation of roadways, sidewalks, or boulevards
- All work on freeways, river crossings, in the downtown core, or Whyte Avenue area
- Non-excavation work that interferes with traffic flows on major roadways during the hours of 6-9am and/or 3:30-6:30pm, excluding weekends and holidays
- Non-excavation work locations with a duration of more than 4 hours at any one location
- Multiple non-excavation work locations, each less than 4 hours in duration, but closer than 250m apart are considered to be one location and require an OSCAM permit
- Temporary crossing of a sidewalk and/or boulevard for the purpose of accessing private lands from a public roadway
If you’re unsure if you require an OSCAM Permit, phone at 780-442-6458 or email email@example.com.