Skip to main content
Sport Event Hosting Grant
Main page content begins here
Hosting Grants support organizations with the hosting of provincial, national or international recreational, amateur sport events within the city of Edmonton.
Sport Event Hosting Application Process
- Confirm that your event is eligible for sponsorship by reviewing the criteria below.
- If you determine that your organization is eligible, fill in the Sport Event Hosting Form
- Complete the
and include it with your application.
Organizations must be:
- Not-for-profit societies registered for at least 1 year
- Amateur sport or recreational events must:
- Be endorsed or sanctioned by the appropriate provincial, western Canadian, national, or international body
- Determine a champion for the respective level of competition
- Be open and not restricted to members of certain groups or clubs
- Banquets, conferences, symposia, and similar events are not eligible for hosting grants
- The City does not award hosting grants to educational institutions or their affiliated foundations
Apply for Sport Event Hosting Grant
Complete and submit the Hosting Grant Application by 11:59pm on Friday November 18, 2022.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Please complete the following attachment and include it with your application: