Main page content begins here

Canadian Currency

If your Canada Savings Bonds or any other government bonds have been mutilated or destroyed, write:

Bank of Canada
Public Debt Department
245 Sparks Street
Ottawa, Ontario
K1A 0G9

Include name(s) and address(es) on bonds, approximate date purchased, denominations and approximate number of each. If bills or coins were kept in your home, take what is left of them, including ashes, to any chartered bank. Be prepared to supply information about the circumstances of the loss.

If you have moved:

  • Notify the Post Office of your new address
  • Notify your bank
  • Notify credit card companies
  • Check with the Edmonton Board of Education about boundaries if you have children attending school
  • Notify magazines and newspapers to which you subscribe
  • Notify Health and Welfare Canada if you receive benefits from Canada Pension Plan, Family Allowance or Old Age Security.

For More Information


In Edmonton: 311

Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content