About the Project
Following public meetings in 2011, concept plans were approved that included the following changes for Yellowhead Trail at 89 Street:
- Traffic signals will be removed and access to 89 Street and the service road from Yellowhead Trail will be closed
- Pedestrian access will be maintained at 97 Street and 82 Street
- On street parking along the northern service road will be removed
- Some changes will also be made to the service road to widen it where it is currently constrained and intersection improvements will be completed to facilitate access for large vehicles
- Pavement renewal will be completed at all interchange ramps on 97 Street, 82 Street and Fort Road
- Additional pavement renewal will also take place on eastbound Yellowhead Trail from 82 Street to 68 Street
Where We Are Now
Concept plans have been completed for 89 Street and the project is now in the early stages of design.
Occasional activity may be seen in the area, such as utility condition assessment and line locates, pavement testing, field walks and other activities.
Public engagement on the design plan is underway, with stakeholder sessions taking place in May and June. Broader public events about the 89 Street area plan are tentatively scheduled for the fall of 2018.
Yellowhead Trail Is Changing
Stay informed with program updates and opportunities to have your say in shaping the new Yellowhead Trail.