About the Project
The City of Edmonton has developed a concept plan for Manning Drive from 137 Avenue to Anthony Henday Drive. Manning Drive is an important commuter and goods movement corridor for the northeast area of the City providing a connection to Fort Saskatchewan. This area of the City has experienced tremendous growth over the past few years and anticipates more residential, commercial and industrial growth in the future.
To prepare for this growth the concept planning project reviewed:
- Widening the road from a 4-lane divided roadway to a 6-lane divided roadway
- Safety and efficiency of intersections
- Pedestrian and cyclist accommodation
- Impact of future traffic growth and flow
- Access requirements for existing and future development
No private property will need to be acquired for this project. The road’s centre median strip will be used to construct the new lanes.
No access closures or relocations are anticipated for this project. The concept plan recommends changes to the number of turn bays or to lengthen current turn bays to improve traffic flow.