Road changes planned for 128 Avenue:
- A new sidewalk on the north side of 128 Avenue
- Intersection improvements for truck turning movements
- Business access modifications for some sites*
- Removal of on-street parking
- New pavement markings:
- From 156 Street to 149 Street: One lane of travel in the eastbound direction and two lanes of travel in the westbound direction
- From 149 Street to St. Albert Trail: One lane of travel in each direction with a center left turning lane (two way left turn)
Timeline: Designs will be finalized in 2018 with construction planned to start in spring 2019. Construction is currently anticipated to be complete in fall 2019.
*Coordination with impacted property owners is being initiated.
Past engagement activities in this area included:
- Meetings with affected property owners in May 2018
- A “Coffee Chat” engagement event was held on July 18, 2018 with the purpose of collecting input for construction considerations from local business owners/ operators