Popular Searches
  • 2015 City Budget
  • Dog / Pet Licences
  • Edmonton Maps
  • Parking
  • Property Assessment & Taxes
  • Public Skating
  • Residential Construction

Contact Us Visiting? Cloudy

Phase 1 Site Assessments - Environmental Property Inquiries

Property information related to the environment can be obtained from the City. Each area of interest must be contacted separately. A letter of consent from the property or company owner(s) is typically needed.

To speed up the process, include the street address, legal address, tax roll account number (if available) and whether the property is vacant or has a structure. There may be a fee connected with these information searches.

The results of the searches do not constitute a complete Environmental Site Assessment, and do not replace the services provided by a qualified Environmental Consultant. The presence or absence of any information on file with the City of Edmonton regarding an operation or property does not imply the presence or absence of environmental problems or difficulties.

The City of Edmonton accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the information provided and the information should not be considered a substitute for proper investigation.

Edmonton Fire Rescue Services

To find records of a building or structure that may have been contaminated by a substance causing a potential risk of fire or explosion, contact:

File Search Clerk
Fire Prevention Office
10565-105 St
Edmonton AB  T5H 2W8

Telephone: 780-496-3628
Fax: 780-496-3853

Sewers Bylaw and Sewers Use Bylaw

To find out if there have been any fines levied or breach of the Sewers Bylaw or any fines levied for contravention of the Sewers Use Bylaw, contact:

Industrial Wastewater Technologist, Regulatory Services
Drainage Services
6th Floor, Century Place
9803-102A Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3A3

Telephone: 780-496-4347
Fax: 780-495-9929 

Property Infractions

To find out if a property has a record of bylaw violations, submit a search of record application, or contact:

Complaints and Investigation
Sustainable Development
2nd Floor, HSBC Bank Place
10250-101 St
Edmonton AB  T5J 3P4

Telephone: 311
Fax: 780-496-6054


To find out if there is any record of the existence of a historic waste landfill or dumpsite on or near the subject property or business, contact:

Waste Management Engineering
2nd Floor, Century Place
9803-102A Ave
Edmonton AB  T5J 3A3

Telephone: 780-496-5669
Fax: 780-496-5657

Municipal Development and Building Permits

To get information on current development and building permits, contact:

Development and Inspection
Sustainable Development
5th Floor, HSBC Bank Place
10250-101 St
Edmonton AB  T5J 3P4

Telephone: 311
Fax: 780-496-6054

To get information on 1905-1959 development and building permits, contact:

City Archives
Community Services
10440-108 Ave
Edmonton AB  T5H 3Z9

Telephone: 780-496-8711
Fax: 780-496-8732

Environmental Site Information Database

To receive environmental or geotechnical investigation information on properties, please contact:

Transportation Operations
GeoEnvironmental Information Coordinator
Geotechnical and Environmental Services
Engineering Services Section, Transportation Operations Branch
11004 - 190 Street NW
Edmonton AB T5S 0G9

E-mail: GeoEnvInfo@edmonton.ca
Telephone: 780-944-7687

As of January 1, 2013, there will be a fee of $75 per search. Report copies are subject to photocopying or digital copying fees. All search requests must be submitted using the
Geo-Environmental Information Request Form.

Radon Testing

The City of Edmonton does not carry out testing for radon gas.

Radon is an odourless radioactive gas that occurs naturally in the environment. Naturally occurring radon comes from the breakdown of uranium, which is a common trace element in some natural geologic materials such as granite, shale or phosphate minerals.

Levels of naturally occurring radon are variable. Testing for radon is simple and inexpensive, and radon test kits may be purchased from a number of local retailers.

For further information on radon, you can check out:

Other Agencies that can be contacted for related information include (but not limited to):

FOIP, Records & Corporate Support Branch
Alberta Environment
Environmental Site Assessment Repository
6th Floor, 9915-108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta AB  T5K 2G8
Telephone: 780-427-4429
Fax: 780-427-9838

The Environmental Site Assessment Repository is an online, searchable database that provides scientific and technical information about assessed sites throughout Alberta. The database can be accessed through Alberta Environment.

For more information:

City Environmental Strategies

8th Floor, HSBC Bank Place
10250-101 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta
T5J 3P4


In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311

Fax 780-401-7070
Email 311@edmonton.ca
Website (http://www.edmonton.ca/TheWayWeGreen)