The Drainage System Expansion program supports planned and orderly urban growth in partnership with developers and the general public. It ensures that developers provide adequate drainage servicing to new lots and to accommodate servicing requests from the public.
This program covers the following components:
- Local Improvements
The local improvement brings new customers into Drainage Services systems through the local improvement bylaw. It provides customer services by the extension of storm and sanitary sewers to existing private properties which are not serviced by the sewer systems.
- Service Connections
This work provides connection of new or existing houses to the sewer systems. It provides services for installation of water, storm and sanitary sewer services to private properties from city sewers.
- Review/Inspect Developer-Built Sewers
This work provides resources to review and approve developers’ consultant designs, administer the cost-sharing programs on behalf of developers, monitor construction activities and record as-built information of developer-funded drainage facilities.
- ensures that future sewers are appropriately constructed prior to acceptance as City infrastructure
- creates additional revenue and customer base
- supports the City’s goal to encourage infill development
- supports orderly and environmentally friendly urban growth
- may increase land values and prompt further land development