You can vote if:
- You present acceptable ID (authorized identification)
- You are at least 18 years of age
- You are a Canadian citizen
- You are a resident of the City of Edmonton on Election Day (October 16, 2017)
- You began living in Alberta on or before April 16, 2017
- You have not already voted in the current election
If a candidate, a candidate's official agent or a scrutineer believes you are not eligible to vote, the objection will be noted on the Voting Register, but you will be allowed to vote.
Voting more than once is a punishable offense under the Local Authorities Election Act. Offenders face up to six months of imprisonment, a maximum fine of $10,000, or both.