Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Current Emergency Fire Dispatch (EFD) Certification from the International Academies of Emergency Dispatch (candidates with proof of registration may be considered)
- Basic Rescuer CPR certification
- An Emergency Response Communications Certificate from a recognized postsecondary institution, or a minimum of two (2) years experience in a major Communications Centre.
- Ability to provide timely, accurate, professional, customer-oriented teamwork services while multitasking in a high volume work environment
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge of the City of Edmonton streets, roads, major routes and common place locations
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and problem solving skills
- The ability to operate the computer-aided dispatch system and related interface systems in a fast-paced work environment
- Proven reliability with a consistent record of attendance at work
- Ability to work 10 and 14 hour shifts on a 24/7 rotating basis
- Hire is dependent upon a Police Information Check satisfactory to the City of Edmonton
- Valid Alberta Class 5 driver's licence (or provincial equivalent)
If you would like to be a Emergency Communications Specialist:
- Visit the city's job postings to ensure Emergency Services is currently recruiting. If Emergency Communications Specialist positions are posted, follow the posting steps to apply.