Enterprise Learning will modernize the City’s entire corporate learning environment and will apply an enterprise approach to learning. This will allow the City to optimize its investment in building the organization’s people capacity to meet the challenges of demographic changes and realities of a tight labour market.
The goals this section has set out to achieve include:
- Establish a framework for Corporate Learning Governance
- Modernize the learning experience and support alternative learning delivery mechanisms through a robust Learning Management System that streamlines administration and advances alternative learning options including a greater emphasis on-line and mobile learning
- Address current and future learning to support the unique learning and development needs of employees
- Optimize corporate training investments and the impact on staff resources
- Enhance stewardship and oversight of learning resulting in improved quality of all corporate training and support materials
- Provide a vehicle to address emerging corporate training requirements such as the Mayor’s recent commitment to train all staff in Aboriginal Awareness Training