Assessment Review Boards Bylaw
To adjudicate assessment disputes between the City of Edmonton and its assessed persons or taxpayers in an impartial, fair and timely manner.
|Name of Appointees||First Appointed||Term Expiry Date|
|Brian Carbol (Chair)||Mar 24/10||Apr 30/18|
|Dale Doan||Mar 24/10||Apr 30/18|
|Robert (Merle) Forseth||Apr 05/16||Apr 30/18|
|Brian Frost||Mar 24/10||Apr 30/18|
|Petra Hagemann||Apr 05/16||Apr 30/18|
|Brian Hetherington||Mar 24/10||Apr 30/18|
|Robert Kallir||Mar 20/13||Apr 30/18|
|Cheryl Luchkow||Apr 05/16||Apr 30/18|
|Lillian Lundgren||Jan 01/11||Apr 30/18|
|Linda McCulloch||Mar 21/17||Apr 30/18|
|Neill McQuay||Mar 21/17||Apr 30/18|
|Darryl Menzak||Jan 01/12||Apr 30/18|
|Martha Miller||Apr 10/13||Apr 30/18|
|Brent Rathgeber||Mar 21/17||Apr 30/18|
|Joseph Ruggiero||Mar 01/14||Apr 30/18|
|Mary Sheldon||Jan 01/09||Apr 30/18|
|Judy Shewchuk||Mar 24/10||Apr 30/18|
|Jasbeer Singh||Mar 24/10||Apr 30/18|
|R. (Randy) Townsend||Apr 10/13||Apr 30/18|
|Howard Worrell||Jan 01/09||Apr 30/18|
Information about Serving on the Board
- Assessment Review Board Recruitment Profile - 2018-19 Term
- Now accepting board member applications for 4 vacancies for the 2018-19 Term
- To apply visit Current Recruitment Campaigns
- Edmonton Assessment Review Boards Policy Manual
- Generally, the Assessment Review Board schedules merit hearings Monday to Friday, March through December.
- Time commitment varies with the number of complaints received, which range from 1,500 to 3,000 annually.
- Members are expected to be available throughout the year while hearings are ongoing. There are no minimum hours or remuneration guaranteed. Members may be scheduled up to 5 days per week. There may also be weeks where they are not scheduled at all. Flexibility is therefore required. Member participation in the Board's Professional development sessions, which occurs prior to and during the hearing season, is also required.