Main page content begins here

Sign off on a Clutter Free Edmonton

The Traffic Bylaw regulates the placement of signs on roadways, light standards, and other areas that have vehicle or pedestrian traffic.

There are 5 types of signs:

  • Poster
  • Sandwich board
  • Open house
  • Temporary
  • Election

Placing a sign illegally on City of Edmonton property is a bylaw offence with a fine of $250.

The Sign Rules and Regulations for placement of signs on City property are easy to follow.

Portable Signs

The temporary sign regulations of the Zoning Bylaw allow businesses to advertise occasionally while discouraging multiple signs on a site. You need a development permit to place these signs on private property. If you require a development permit for a temporary sign, contact Sustainable Development.

You should consider purchasing a permanent sign if you want to advertise your business year round.

For More Information

311 Contact Centre

Online Contact 311 Online

In Edmonton: 311
Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311

TTY 780-944-5555

End of page content. Please choose between the following five options:

Back to main menu Back to current page menu and content View current page breadcrumb Back to site search Continue to page footer content