The Animal Rescue Fund (ARF) is a grant provided to not-for-profit pet rescue organizations. These grants are specific for rescue animals in need of medical attention that aligns with the Animal Care and Control missions, such as: spay and neuter, vaccinations, microchipping, dental and surgeries that result in an increased adoptability rate for the animal.
Changes to the Animal Rescue Fund Application Process
- The application has been reformatted and needs to be completed in full.
- Please note the quarterly application deadlines which are new to 2018.
- Each submitted application will be reviewed and if approved, you will be sent a Grant Funding Agreement which is mandatory for all City of Edmonton grants. Nothing has been changed within the funding program but the documents tighten up the agreement for both parties.
- Once you have completed the Grant Funding Agreement, it will be signed by the Animal Care & Control Centre Director and a City Clerk. Each rescue will receive a final copy of this agreement for their files.
- The approved funding will then be processed and mailed to the rescue organization.
- Changes to this process will add an estimated 2 weeks to the approval process.
- To ensure a wide distribution of funds, rescue organizations that received an ARF grant in a previous quarter will only be considered for another ARF grant after the other applications for the current quarter have been assessed and if funds are still available.
Quarterly Application Deadlines
First Quarter (January 1 - March 31) Application Deadline: March 15, 2018
Second Quarter (April 1 - June 30) Application Deadline: June 15, 2018
Third Quarter (July 1 - September 30) Application Deadline: September 15, 2018
Fourth Quarter (October 1 - December 15) Application Deadline: November 30, 2018
All rescue organizations that have been approved for an ARF grant are expected to submit a Final Report and Final Expenditure Summary on the use of the ARF grant funds by December 15, 2018.