Your Success is Our Business
Do you have questions about how to start a new business in Edmonton?
Make an appointment for one-on-one support to understand business licence, development permit and building permit requirements. Contact us before beginning your application to ensure your experience goes smoothly.
A one-on-one support appointment can also help you explore location options for your business.
If you have already applied for a business licence and have questions about your application, please call 311.
Home Based Businesses
Please book your appointment for one-on-one small business support below if you are planning to operate a business from your home and any of the following apply:
- You have general questions about starting a business
- You have more than 1 business-related visit to the home per day (for example: couriers and/or clients)
- You plan to renovate your home to accommodate your business
- You have staff on-site that are not also residents of the home
- You handle or prepare food
- You provide personal services (for example: hair salons, aestheticians, etc.)
- You store material or vehicles associated with the business at the home
- You use mechanical or electrical equipment that neighbours could hear or see
If none of the above apply to you, or you are ready to apply for a home-based business licence, please refer to the main Home Based Business Licensing page.
Book Your Appointment
To book an appointment for one-on-one small business support, please fill out the online form.