Shutterbug Contest Rules
Thank you so much to the many budding photographers who participated in the Muttart Conservatory Shutterbug Photo Contest.
The contest is now closed.
We are pleased to have received so many terrific submissions.
Stay tuned for contest winner announcements and details about the upcoming calendar. Your patience is appreciated while our team process your submissions.
- To enter the contest, submit a maximum of three (3) original digital photographs of the Muttart Conservatory by September 15, 2012. Photos must be submitted simultaneously (as one single entry) if submitting more than one photo (specifications below).
- All participants who submit a valid entry (consisting of photo(s) and a completed entry form) will be entered into a random prize draw (details below). Each participant will be entered into the draw only once.
- Selected photographs will be used by the City of Edmonton to produce a 2013 Muttart Conservatory photo calendar which will be sold and distributed publicly.
- Photos will be selected for use in the calendar by a panel of photography and design professionals based on the following criteria:
- Unique compositions best depicting the beauty of the Muttart's botanical collection, or showcasing the facility as an iconic Edmonton attraction
- Creative use of lighting / colour / exposure
- Image size / quality that match the named specifications
- Photographers will be credited in the calendar if their photograph(s) are used.
- The City of Edmonton reserves the non-exclusive rights to use any of the images submitted for any future internal or external communications, advertising, branding, or commercial applications related to City of Edmonton business at its will.
- The chances of winning are dependent on the number of contest entries received.
- The photograph(s) must feature subjects that exist inside the Muttart Conservatory (preferably inside the pyramid(s), OR the photograph(s) must feature the Muttart Conservatory (building/structure) from an exterior viewpoint (no purchase necessary to photograph the exterior facility/grounds; however, standard admission rates apply when entering the facility).
- The photographer must declare that the photograph(s) submitted are original works, and the photographer has the right to authorize use and publication of the photograph(s).
- The photographer must declare that the photograph(s) HAVE NOT EVER been published or used for any commercial application, licensing, or other purposes resulting in financial compensation to the photographer.
- Contest is open to residents of the Edmonton Capital region.
- Participants must submit a completed contest entry form.
The approximate size of the calendar will be 12"w x 9"h, therefore acceptable images submitted are to be a minimum of 300 dpi at 12"w x 9"h in jpg, tif, psd, or raw files only.
Please do not resample your image in photoshop to meet these requirements. Please do not edit your photos, as we would like them to look as natural and correct as possible.
We are looking for the highest quality images you are able to supply (use the highest quality setting on your camera) in order to produce the most professional looking calendar possible, highlighting your work.
All eligible submissions received by the contest closing date will be entered into a random draw for the following prizes:
- One GRAND Prize draw consisting of a $1000.00 (one-thousand dollar) in-store credit applicable to photo services and Wall Décor Products (no cash value) at Pixportal Edmonton, and an annual pass to the Muttart Conservatory.
- One SECOND-PRIZE draw consisting of a $500.00 (five-hundred dollar) in-store credit applicable to photo services and Wall Décor Products (no cash value) at Pixportal Edmonton, an annual pass to the Muttart Conservatory, and a Photography Level-1 Class at the City Arts Centre.
- One THIRD-PRIZE draw which includes; an annual pass to the Muttart Conservatory and a DSLR Camera Basics Class at the City Arts Centre.
- All eligible submissions will be entered into the draw whether their photography is selected for use in the calendar or not.
- Persons whose names are drawn must answer a skill-testing question in order to win the prize.
Information collected on this form is being collected under the Authority of Section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act and will be used to review submissions for the Muttart Conservatory Shutterbug Photo Contest and to contact winners. Information provided will be used to credit persons whose material is selected for publication in the 2013 Muttart Conservatory Calendar. All personal information collected will be protected in accordance with the privacy protection provisions of the FOIP Act. If you have any questions please contact Jeff Stuart, City of Edmonton Market Planner at 780-423-4747.
For more information:
Muttart Conservatory Shutterbug Contest
9626 - 96A Street