The Corporate Sponsorship program and criteria are currently under review. Updated information will be available soon.
Is your organization hosting a provincial, national or international conference in Edmonton? If so, your conference may be eligible for corporate sponsorship from the City of Edmonton. The low value (under $10,000) sponsorship program is aimed at supporting conferences or events that enhance the reputation and visibility of the City of Edmonton.
A corporate sponsorship will provide cash and/or in-kind corporate services for your conference or event. In return for such support, the City will expect a particular level of recognition including logo placement, verbal and print recognition, complementary delegate registration, display booth/table, and other recognition opportunities that may be appropriate for the level of corporate sponsorship being provided.
Corporate Sponsorship Application Process
- Confirm that your conference or event is eligible for sponsorship by reviewing the criteria below.
- If you determine that your organization is eligible, fill in the Corporate Sponsorship Application form.
- Applicants will receive an email acknowledging receipt of the application.
- Notification of the sponsorship decision will be received within 4 weeks of submission.
- Must be a registered not-for-profit organization for a least one year prior to application
- Organization must be in good standing, and not be in arrears with the City of Edmonton
- Maintain at least $2 million dollars of general liability with the City of Edmonton as an additional insured
- Your conference/event must:
- Be provincial, regional (Western Canada) or international in scope.
- Support or enhance the appropriate vision and goals identified in “The Way Ahead” (the City’s 10 year strategic Plan).
- Is not receiving any grant of other in kind support from the City of Edmonton for the event or conference.
- Have a positive economic impact on the City’s businesses.
The following are ineligible for corporate sponsorship:
- Events/conferences occurring in the Edmonton on an annual basis
- Event/conferences occurring outside of the Edmonton's municipal boundaries
- Single or multi-day festivals, art shows, cultural performances
- Luncheons, awards banquets, roasts
- Events intended to raise fund for individuals or charities
- Request from individuals for personal needs
- Request from for-profit businesses
- Operating funds for teams or clubs
- Request for travel funds (personal or team)
- Local tournaments, “meets” and other sporting events
- Purchase of advertising
- Start-up or “seed” funding
If you find that your organization, conference or event is ineligible for a corporate sponsorship you may wish to visit Grants & Funding to explore other City of Edmonton funding opportunities.
Organizations requesting a donation for a fundraiser/silent auction, please see Recreation Facility Services Community Support Program Application.