Main page content begins here
Sports Field Operations Component Alone is Responsible for:
- 1600+ City of Edmonton sportsfields which include:
- 132 full shale infield ball diamonds.
- 489 standard grass infield ball diamonds.
- 131 teaching stations.
- 867 rectangular fields.
- 11 soccer teaching stations.
- 15 – 400 meter running tracks with 6 specialized amenities.
- 2400+ sports field fixtures (backstops-goal posts)
- 15 booked no fixture fields
- 3 artificial turf fields
- 83 tennis courts
- 400+ long jump pits in schoolyards
- 6 Athletic Facilities operating 7 days per week (16 hours per day) mid April through November.
- In the South they are John Fry Park, Goldstick Park, Rollie Miles Athletic Park and Millwood’s District Park.
- In the North they are Johnny Bright Park and Coronation District Park.
Some of the work accomplished by the Sports Field Operations Team in 2014 includes:
- Our operations team marked lines on approximately 1000 rectangular fields.
- Our operations team inspected/maintained/re-surfaced a combined total of 3216 diamonds.
- Our operations team visited tennis courts 2851 times for maintenance and to ensure safe play.
- Our operations team prepared fields for over 360 registered user groups, not including school or casual use.
- Our operations team prepared fields for 130,000 booked hours. This does not include school or casual use. This is the equivalent to 65,000 games (2-hour)
- 55% of sports field booked use is concentrated in 2 months, May and June.