These guidelines apply at all City of Edmonton indoor ice arenas. Some facilities may have more specific rules for their amenities.
Change Rooms, Washrooms and Other Arena Areas
- Finish eating and drinking before you enter the change room.
- Use the garbage bins provided.
- Glass containers are not allowed in the change rooms or other arena areas.
- Food or beverages are not allowed on the ice at any time.
- No spitting.
- Do not leave sports bags or equipment unattended.
- Protect your belongings by securing them in a locker. Small lockers are available in the lobby of facilities for your wallet, keys or jewellery. We recommend that you do not bring any valuables into the facility.
- If your group is using a change room, please lock the door when you leave for the ice surface, and keep the key with you at all times. Keys to change rooms are available from the arena attendant.
- Torches, heat guns and portable skate sharpeners are not allowed in the facility.
- If you are using a saw to shorten a hockey stick, please avoid damaging table, bench or garbage bin that you may be sawing over.
- If the arena attendant is cleaning the ice with the ice resurfacer machine, do not open gates or come out onto the ice until the machine is off the ice and the attendant is finished. Please wait for the arena attendant to give you permission before going out onto the ice.
- Do not climb onto rink boards, glass or spectator safety netting.
- Damaged ice can be dangerous to skaters. Vary your skating routines to prevent damaging the ice surface with ruts or gouges. Chips or holes should be patched immediately.
- Any kind of debris left on the ice can be dangerous to skaters. Please keep garbage off the ice, and pick up all pieces of broken hockey or ringette sticks.
- Report any vandalism, faulty equipment or problems with ice surface to staff.
- Turn off cell phones, PDAs, cameras, and other recording devices when using change rooms or washrooms. Taking pictures within change rooms or washrooms is against the law.
- Excessive amounts of scented hygiene products, perfumes or colognes can trigger allergies in other patrons. Please be considerate of other users when practicing your personal hygiene.