Ages newborn to 11 years
The Kids Den, a drop-in babysitting service, provides a fun and safe place for your child to be active while you enjoy the recreation facility.
We provide a range of activities including puzzles, books, crafts, painting, colouring, games, music, songs, and an array of physical activity.
Child minding is available for up to 2.5 hours for patrons of the facility. You must remain in the facility while your child is in the Kids Den, and cell phone contact is required.
Kids Den is closed on all holidays. Hours are subject to change without notice.
Clareview, Terwillegar & The Meadows
|Tue, Thu, Fri||8:30am-4pm|
Rates & Memberships
Kids Den child minding services are included with your child or family annual, monthly, or continuous monthly membership!
Your Facility Plus Child or Family Membership will give you access to the Kids Den at Commonwealth and Kinsmen.
Your All Facility Child or Family Membership will give you access to all Kids Den locations (Clareview, The Meadows, Commonwealth, Terwillegar, and Kinsmen).
$7.75 for 1 hour & 15 minutes
|Multi-Minutes Pass: 6 hours & 15 minutes||$38.75 for a 5 punch pass of 1 hour & 15 minute increments||0-11 years|
|Multi-Minutes Pass: 5 hours||$31 for a 20 punch pass of 15 minute increments||0-11 years|
|Tot's Kids Den Pass*||$40 per month||0-23 months|
*Tots (0-23 months) with a valid pass receive unlimited visits to the Kids Den pending internal capacity, with a maximum of 2.5 hours per visit. This pass is usable at all Kids Den locations.
All rates are subject to change without notice. Contact 311 for more information.
The Kids Den follows the guidelines set forth by the Alberta Government for drop-in daycare centres. These ratios are:
|Newborn to 11 months||3:1|
|12 months to 18 months old||4:1|
|19 months old to 3 years old||6:1|
|3 - 4 yrs||8:1|
|4 years and up||12:1|
The staff reserve the right to limit the number of children to maintain child-to-staff ratios and safety in the room.
- Children who are not yet toilet trained must come with spare diapers.
- Indoor footwear is mandatory for safety purposes (including socks for indoor playground use).
- When entering the Kids Den, please wash your hands before you sign your child in and out.
- If your child is feeling ill, please keep them at home.
- For safety reasons, parent/guardians are required to stay within the recreation facility while their child is using Kids Den. Cell phone contact is required.
- Please label all belongings with your family name.
What You Should Bring
- Diapers (if required) and a spare change of clothes
- Tissues and wipes
- Indoor shoes and socks
- A healthy beverage
- A healthy snack (no nut products, popcorn or chewing gum please. We are a nut free environment.)